A good or bad essay can easily make or break you.
You'll want to stand out, and the personal statement portion on the application gives you the chance to do it.
Jeremy Shinewald, former admissions interviewer and author of "The Complete Start-to-Finish MBA Admissions Guide
Here are 5 tips for getting it done the right way:
1. Show Your Personal Fit: "While you may not always be able to pinpoint aspects of a program that are entirely unique to that school, the key is to show a connection between the school's resources and offerings and your individual interests and requirements―to make the association very clear and personal. If you have visited the school or spoken with some of the alumni, students, professors or admissions staff, mentioning these personal connections can be helpful."
2. Keep Long & Short-term Goals Connected: "You must be sure to demonstrate a cause and effect relationship between your short and long-term goals. After all, your long-term goals are based on the assumption that your stated short-term goals will be reached; the position you will hold later in your career will be facilitated by those you hold earlier."
3. Don't Spell Out Your Resume: "Some candidates make the mistake of writing about their work experience for 75 percent of their personal statements, even though they are also submitting a resume with their application. This wastes precious essay space by repeating facts the admission committee already has elsewhere. When prompted to discuss career progress, limit your to approximately 40 percent of the essay length. If not, keep it at 10-15 percent."
4. Avoid Generic Statements: "Remember that admissions readers see thousands of essays every year—they are extremely experienced and can therefore tell what candidate is being sincere and when he/she is just trying to say the 'right' thing."
5. Tell Them Why You've Chosen Them: "A common mistake among applicants when responding to the question, "Why our MBA?," is to simply flatter the school. Explain how the school's unique characteristics and offerings meet your needs—by inference, no other school can meet these needs, because no other school offers the map."
If you are struggling with writing a MBA personal statement and need some professional help from our expert writing company; then you will find that our professional writing company is here to help you in any way they can. In addition to providing you with expert writing and editing services, we can also help you with MBA personal statement examples. With these examples, you can enjoy seeing what an MBA personal statement should look like and will find that these MBA personal statement samples can be of great assistance to you as you start writing your statement for this application.
About Business Personal Statement Examples
When you look at MBA personal statement examples from our professional writing company you will see a high-quality MBA personal statement written by one of our expert writers. The reason we offer example MBA documents is because we know that sometimes students just need to see a sample to look at to get started. The right sample personal statement for MBA can help anyone see what they should do. We also know that by seeing examples of MBA documents, customers can better decide if our services would benefit them.
One of Our Great MBA Personal Statement Example
The world is full of great potential – it’s up to the individual to harness it. Ever since I was a child, my parents encouraged me to make the most out of every opportunity. Throughout my college studies and working experience, I have sought to view the world with a unique approach that would allow me to creatively evaluate the world around me. My interest in developing innovative ideas and making them a reality is what drove me to the business field in the first place. Since then, I have had many experiences in diverse job positions – each which showed me more about the world and how to potentially make it better. I am applying to the MBA program in Business Administration at McGraw University because it will provide me a world-class education that will enable me to become a successful business professional.
My motto for each moment is carpe diem – seize the day. During my undergraduate studies, I sought to always go above and beyond in both my studies and extracurricular activities. While maintaining a 3.79 GPA, I was also president of both the Green Conscious Group and the Young Innovators Team. These experiences were not only excellent opportunities to develop my leadership abilities, but also provided me with the opportunity to learn from a diverse array of individuals from different walks of life. I learned a great deal about advances in medicine, technology, and social movements simply from listening to members and heading discussions that led to student action. My undergraduate experience not only prepared me with the technical skills needed to advance in my business career, but a unique viewpoint through which to understand the current needs of the world.
My professional experiences have also greatly enriched my understanding of business and the world. During my internship at Baylor Bank, I was in charge of heading strategy development for a new campaign the bank was starting. Through working together with several different departments and individuals, I developed a multidisciplinary platform through which virtually all bank users could be reached. This project showed me that integrating multiple points of view is crucial to successful execution of business planning.
The MBA program at McGraw University is well-known for its unique approach to developing the business leaders of tomorrow. It encourages multidisciplinary exploration, which is very unique in a graduate business program. However, just like the founders of McGraw, I believe that it is imperative to understand these various concepts in order to make better business decisions. I look forward to the various academic and professional challenges that await me during my tenure in the MBA program, which will help me develop relevant skills that will make me highly competitive in the job market. Additionally, McGraw’s highly successful mentorship program will make it easy for me to transition from work back to an academic environment. I greatly look forward to being a member of the entering class at McGraw University for their prestigious MBA in Business Administration, which will prepare me with the skills and knowledge I need to continue my vision of innovation and management.
Our MBA Personal Statement Writing Company: More Than Just Examples
When you need MBA personal statement examples or to build a personal website you can always turn to us for help in getting the type of samples that you need. However, we offer more than just samples; we are here to help you in any way that we can. This is why in addition to offering you MBA personal statement examples we also offer professional writing and editing services designed to help you succeed.
Turning to Us For Help With Your MBA Personal Statement
At our company we will provide you with a personal statement example business schools will love. When you are in need of help with your business school MBA personal statement; turning to us is always the smart choice. You can see this by just taking a look at our MBA writing services. Our company offers: