Director, Customer Care and Operations
Squarespace prides itself on delivering exceptional customer experiences. In 2013 we were recognized by the Stevie Awards as the best customer service team in the country. That team will nearly triple in size this year, and we are opening a west coast office to complement our existing operations in New York and Dublin.
We are looking for a special person to establish this new customer care operation and immediately grow it 100 people per year for several years. You must be a seasoned leader with startup DNA and be a passionate advocate for customer care excellence. You also need to have a fun-filled personality well-suited to building office culture in line with our values, recruiting and retaining talent, and representing our brand in everything you do. This position reports to the VP, Customer Care.
- Lead all local operations, with a primary focus on customer care, including hiring and staffing, monitoring staff performance, training and professional development, facilities, and HR
- Ensure our local office is truly a Squarespace office and all local operations meet and exceed the guidelines and standard determined by our New York HQ
- Drive cross-functional and cross-division relationships with stakeholders to ensure continuous improvements to the entire customer experience (includes communications, feature releases, support tool development, etc.)
- Focus on security and scalability of infrastructure and process to support exponential user demand; Help evaluate and advise on new technology and vendor reviews in contact center space
- Drive ongoing process improvement throughout the customer care team, with a particular focus on partnering with business intelligence to ensure data-driven decision making
- Produce KPI reporting and prepare action items for senior customer care leadership; Lead location communications with peer team and executive leadership
- Prepare insight-driven presentations for weekly team meeting, and facilitate team member’s presentations
- 10-15 years experience, including minimum 8 years customer-facing experience inside a technology company’s customer care organization (preferably consumer SaaS or ecommerce), with meaningful exposure to senior leadership
- Broad experience managing, developing, and mentoring teams of 120 or more people, including experienced managers
- Experience building an operation from scratch a definite plus; Additional experience in retail or hospitality an added bonus
- Demonstrated expertise using data analytics and metrics to monitor, manage, and drive process and quality
- Comfortable working across disciplines including marketing, business intelligence, engineering, product, and business development to have a whole-business approach to customer care
- Ineffable ability to get stuff done; Comfortable with the workings of business operations such as HR and facilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with an unyielding attention to detail
- Respect for the creative process, taste, and a passion for Squarespace
- A terrific sense of humor
- Portland native
How to Apply
A cover letter explaining why you love Squarespace, why this job is your destiny, and what your secret superpower is is required along with your CV.
Squarespace mission is to provide creative tools that power the future of the web. From designers creating the next generation of web and mobile experiences, to anyone managing their own online presence for the first time, Squarespace provides elegant solutions that set new standards for online publishing. By focusing our efforts on the fusion of design and engineering, we strive to create long-lasting products that delight and surprise our customers.
Squarespace is defined by our insistence on providing an unparalleled user experience. All of our team members are charged with bringing creativity, honesty, and intellectual rigor to their responsibilities in a never-ending quest to delight our customers. We have high expectations of each other and work as a team to build things we are all proud of. That mindset, along with our execution, has allowed Squarespace to create revolutionary products and grow into the profitable business it is today.
Learn more at http://squarespace.com/about
Samples of the Best Cover Letters
Cover Letter Examples Listed by Type of Job and Letter
When applying for a job, you should always include a cover letter. Even if a job listing does not specifically request a cover letter, it can be a terrific way to summarize your skills and experiences, and explain (in more detail than a resume) why you are an ideal candidate for the job.
It's important to write a letter that specifies what makes you one of the best candidates for the position. Your cover letter should be well written, and should be targeted to the position for which you are applying.
Make connections between your experiences and the skills required to excel in the job. Your cover letter is one of the first thing the hiring manager will see (along with your resume), so make sure it grabs the reader’s attention.
Use these cover letter samples to get ideas for your own cover letters, so you can show employers why you should be selected for an interview.
How to Use Cover Letter Samples
Cover letter samples are a great place to start before writing your own letter. Read through some of the samples below, focusing on ones related to your industry.
These samples can help you format your letter. They can also give you ideas for the language you might want to use, and the information you should include.
However, be sure to customize your letter to fit your own skills and experience, and the job for which you are applying. You can also alter the format of a resume example. For instance, if the example has three paragraphs, and you only want to include two paragraphs, you can do so.
Also be sure to read this list of tips for writing a strong cover letter, and this detailed cover letter guide. If you are having trouble with a particular section of your cover letter, check out these articles on cover letter salutations, cover letter closings, and parts of a cover letter.
Best Cover Letter Samples
Review an alphabetical list of great cover letter examples listed by occupation, as well as by type of cover letter.
Use these examples to get ideas for your own cover letters.
A - E
· Academic Advisor
· Academic Cover Letter
· Academic Cover Letter (science)
· Administrative Coordinator
· Admissions Counselor
· Applying for More Than One Job
· Athletic Director
· Biomedical Engineer
· Block Format Cover Letter
· Business/Technical (with referral)
· Camp Counselor
· Career Change
· Cold Contact Cover Letter
· College Graduate
· College Graduate
· College Student
· Communications Director (email cover letter)
· Construction Management
· Customer Service
· Database Administrator
· Development/Museum Position
· Director of Operations
· Editorial Assistant (email cover letter)
· Education/Alternative Education
· Email Cover Letters
· Employee Referral
· Entry Level (analyst)
· Entry Level (finance)
· Entry Level (marketing)
· Event Planner
F - M
· Faculty Position
· Finance Internship
· Flight Attendant
· Front End Web Developer
· Golf Caddy
· Hair Stylist
· Higher Education Communications
· Information Security Analyst
· Informational Meeting Request Letter
· Internal Marketing (with referral)
· Job Promotion Cover Letters (communications and retail)
· Job Transfer Request Letter
· Job Transfer Request Letter Example (relocation)
· Letter of Interest
· Letter of Interest
· Market Research Analyst
· Marketing Assistant (college student)
· Media Relations (college graduate)
N - R
· Networking Cover Letters
· Occupational Therapist
· Office Assistant (part-time)
· Part-Time Job
· Physical Therapist
· Programmer Analyst
· Prospecting Letter
· Recruiting Manager
· Referred by a Contact
· Request a Meeting
· Research Technician
· Retail Management
S - Z
· Salary History
· Salary Range
· Salary Requirements
· Sales Associate (summer)