Admission Clerk Resume Samples
Admission Clerks work for healthcare units and are in charge with helping patients to check in. Common work responsibilities seen on an Admission Clerk resume sample are collecting patient information, doing data entry work, checking insurance, taking phone calls, and communicating with insurance companies. The ideal candidate for this job should be able to highlight in his or her resume knowledge of hospital operations, recordkeeping, customer service, telephone etiquette, accuracy, computer competences, and attention to details. Holding a health record clerk certificate represents an advantage.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Admission Clerk Jobs page.
- Guided students to the correct resources to assist them in meeting their admissions needs
- Assisted students in the admissions office by answering their questions regarding admissions application timeline and deadlines
- Ensured superior customer service by providing a prompt and friendly greeting to all guests of the admissions office
- Received and directed incoming phone calls to key staff members who could answer students questions or provide support to meet their needs
Admission Clerk/on-call Supervisor
Registering and admitting patients to hospital and ER
- Complete Physicians' Orders
- Scheduling patients
- Verify Insurance Information
- Provider customer service to members and providers
- Provide benefit and claim information
- Process premium payments
- Supervise a team of 14-18 agents (provide coachings, QA, and game plans for improvement)
- Provide Professional, courteous, and friendly customer Care while maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Perform a variety of non-compliance duties in support of a very busy Emergency Center.
- Manage medical records of patients in accordance to HIPPA.
- Direct patients, registration, scheduling, phone management and insurance verification.
- Cash Balancing: Ensure that patients pay their balance at time of service and/or make financial arrangements.
- Review patient's medical records and confer with physicians and other medical providers to gain complete understanding of the patient's needs.
- Transmit correspondence or medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Receive and route messages or documents, such as laboratory results, to appropriate staff.
- Work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Greets patients via phone and in person
- Prepares patients for health visits by directing and /or accompanying them the examination room
- Maintains a healthy relationship with patients and team members
- Verifies patient information
- Performs administrative duties /functions
- Verifies insurance to execute admissions, transfer and discharges
- Verified patient copays for the emergency room and Physical therapy
- Verifies physicians' referrals as needed
- Operates Razor and Evident Computer System
- Serves in other capacities such as data entry clerk and receptionist
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the facility
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.
RE: Hospital Clerk, August 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Bradley,
I write in response to your ad seeking an experienced Hospital Clerk at Allied Medical. As a highly competent Hospital Clerk, I would bring a service-focused and hard-working attitude to this role.
In my current position, I maintain efficient and prompt medical admissions for patients and accurate and time inter-departmental reporting. I have a knack for problem solving and work well independently and with little oversight. I have excellent written and verbal skills, type 68 WPM error free, and have proficiency in PC usage, including MS Office.
I am extremely enthusiastic about the Hospital Clerk position with Allied Medical and the opportunity to take to contribute to your growing organization. .
Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and abilities. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meets your needs.