Creating An Illustration Essay: 25 Great Writing Prompts
An illustration essay is actually the starting point for most essay writing. Whether you are trying to convince your reader through a persuasive essay, or highlight differences and similarities in a compare and contrast essay, or are simply writing to explore a topic, you will call on the basic building blocks of illustrating ideas with examples. We like to keep even these basics lively rather than simply regurgitating dry facts. So here are our writing prompts that will lead you to stimulating, edgy, illustrative essays.
- Workplaces routinely discriminate against women by promoting them to seniority less frequently, paying them less, and not supporting their roles as mothers.
- The right to carry concealed weapons has saved lives.
- Minimum drinking age laws reduce the rates of teenage alcohol abuse.
- Global temperatures are rising.
- The richest candidates win presidential elections.
- The legalisation of drugs reduces the rates of family abuse, homelessness, and violent crime.
- Austerity measures reduce gross domestic product and harm economies.
- Mega-retailers are driving smaller players out of business.
- The portrayal of violence on TV encourages violence in children.
- The police employ racial profiling against minorities to disproportionately target them for random searches, or consider them as suspects in violent crimes.
- It’s good to be king.
- Advances of science and technology always carry some harm.
- Mainstream media is demonstrating increasingly favourable portrayal of homosexuals.
- The rate of broken marriages is increasing, and has never been higher.
- Global stock markets are overvalued.
- Illegal immigrants contribute positively to society.
- Fathers make significant positive impacts in the development of children.
- Advanced nations have fewer children, smaller families, and declining rates of population growth.
- Drug abuse is common throughout all sports.
- People tend not to change their minds on emotive issues, even when faced with strong evidence that contradicts their views.
- Cultures strongly rooted in religion need fewer laws and have lower rates of crime.
- History is written by the victors.
- Where trade does not cross borders, armies surely have.
- Capitalism has become softer and gentler as it has aged, and would be unrecognisable to socialist and communist economists of old.
- As more women are educated in societies, fertility rates drop, and child literacy rates rise.
Writing a research paper even though may seem challenging is a substantial part of everyday student life. You are required to write at least one research paper in a semester for the majority of the subjects. Do not underestimate research projects, as they demand a huge effort and a lot of time from you. Nevertheless, do not let your research paper assignment give you anxiety and influence your overall studies. To minimize worries and inconsistencies while working on the research paper you must be sure in your research paper topic. There are times when you are assigned to the topic but more frequently, you will have to create a topic by yourself. The whole research should be built around or from the topic. In order to choose an interesting topic, which will demonstrate your best talents, you should keep reading.
How to select the best research paper topic?
When choosing your research paper topic, you need to make sure it is neither boring nor worn out. An interesting innovative topic will intrigue the readers and motivate them to read your whole research. But if you don’t know how to create a topic on your own, use help of writers in topic creation.There are some things to consider when selecting an appropriate topic:
THE FIELD OF YOUR INTEREST
There is no secret that you will not be able to write a good insightful research paper if you are not interested in the subject overall and in the topic in particular. If on the other hand the topic is linked to the field of your interest, you may consider yourself lucky. It would be easier to explore the theme and write about it. You may even find some additional resources on your computer or I cloud service for the topic, which excites you. If you enjoy science, you are sure to talk non-stop about it. The same goes for writing.
A TOPIC SHOULD BE DEFINITE
You need to be sure to understand everything clearly when you choose an essay topic. Do not hesitate to ask questions if there are some unclear points. The more you understand the simpler it is for you to write a successful research paper. If the indistinct issues are still at large, it is advisable to leave this topic be and simply select another one. You need to show the readers that you master of the topic and not a confused newbie who does not know what he or she is talking about.
BE PRECISE AND SPECIFIC
You need to understand completely that you are not writing a descriptive essay. A research paper is an accurate and thorough work, which is based on facts details. You cannot add watery text about anything into the paper. Your statement should be supported with examples or reference other profound research and academical works.
This advice may seem dull if you are working on historical paper. How innovative can you get discussing French revolution or Perl Harbor? However, an innovative approach can give you the edge among other students. A topic should address the matter from a different and surprising perspective. With a deep investigation, you may even find the unknown until now facts that can blow your readers’ minds. This approach will intrigue your readers and will make research paper stand out.